Thomazeau Christian Orphanage
HFHC owns 25 undeveloped acres a 1½ hour drive northeast of Port-au-Prince near the city of Thomazeau. This area has a great number of earthquake refugees settle here, with many motherless children. In January 2012, HFHC opened Phase I of the Thomazeau Orphanage. The facilities include a boys’ and girls’ dorm, a new kitchen, a dining hall, and staff housing. Adjacent to the orphanage dormitories and kitchen, the Thomazeau Team Center with American-style housing for on-going short-term U.S. mission teams for up to 22 volunteers was completed.
Phase One Complete
As of January 2014, the orphanage is home to 12 wonderful children who keep Natacha Pierre, our orphanage administrator and primary care-giver, extremely busy! She understands the needs of these children, since Natacha was orphaned at age three, and grew up living in HFHC’s Cazeau orphanage. Natacha is an outstanding Christian young lady – a graduate of Delmas Christian High School, fluent in four languages (English, Spanish, French, and Creole), a professional seamstress, with a huge heart for children.
2013 Thomazeau Christian Orphanage Needs (2014 needs coming soon)
- Funds are needed to feed all the children 3 nourishing meals a day.
- Construct security gate at entrance to acreage
- Construct a concrete playground area outside of dormitory
- Enhance power system to make cost-effective use of inverter/batteries charged from city power with backup generator
- Another fresh-water well is to be completed.
- Construct Phase II of organic raised-bed vegetable gardens, fruit tree farm, egg production, meat goats, and tilapia tanks, including sustainable watering system
- Construct a Villager Sun-Oven solar bakery system to provide bread for the orphanage and local school lunch program
The Thomazeau Christian Orphanage is part of the Thomazeau Hope Center. Located 2.5 miles from Thomazeau, the gated community will incorporate an orphanage, a school, a crop nursery. Phase 3 plans include a Christian Learning/Training facility.
Explore Haiti!-HFHC Thomazeau Hope Center
View Larger Map