Light up the Darkness
Hope for Haiti’s Children and students across the U.S. are working together to provide a Solar Light to every family in Haiti who has a child sponsored through HFHC.
One ray of light, and darkness flees. In rural Haiti, only 10% of homes have electricity. Light is provided by kerosene lamp, an expensive commodity. Many families cannot afford it. What happens when families have light in their house at night?
- Children can study and do their homework
- Mothers can see to cook
- Money is saved by not needing to pay for kerosene
- Crime and violence can be deterred
- Church meetings can be held at night
- Gardens and crops can be planted